Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Repurposing Too Little Jeans to Skirt


Before and After

   While I was cleaning out my closets the other day, I found this pair of old work jeans that were too small and had tapered legs (which are not flattering on me at all).  So I decided to refashion them into a comfy, sturdy skirt for around the farm and such (since the jeans already had some paint on them) after finding a few scraps of denim material in all of my sewing supplies.

   I had taken a bunch of pictures on how the whole process worked from start to finish, but somehow they accidentally got deleted, sorry :(.  I hope though that maybe you can see from these how I did it.

   For the center on the front, I sewed strips of lighter denim randomly across the triangle before attaching it to the jeans' legs.  On the back though, I just simply attached the triangle to the jeans.
I love refashioning clothes and one great thing about turning jeans into a skirt is that the waist band is already perfect!  (and most of the hemming is already done which are two of my worst pieces to work as a seamstress).
It turned out so great and I absolutely love the way that it fits :).  Originally the pants were only $.98 from the thrift store, so that makes it even more awesome to have a brand new skirt with little to no cost in it, and it's always so much fun to wear something knowing that you made it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from y'all! Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without accounts can comment as well, but it would be nice if y'all would please leave a form of name for identification. Also if there is anything you'd like to see a post on, let me know. I appreciate y'all stopping by and thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...